Ferrous Metal Processing
Ekco Metals is dedicated to providing top-notch services for the processing and recycling of ferrous metals in Los Angeles. Our team is made up of experienced professionals who have an in-depth understanding of the industry and know how to effectively handle all types of ferrous scrap metal.
Processing ferrous scrap metal means collecting, sorting, and recycling ferrous metals like steel and iron. By processing and recycling these metals, scrap materials that would have been thrown away are given a new use and are ready to be used again.
Ferrous scrap metal processing typically involves the following steps:
- Collection: Ferrous scrap metal is collected from a variety of sources, including manufacturing facilities, construction sites, and demolition projects.
- Sorting: Once the scrap has been collected, it is sorted by type and grade. This helps to ensure that it is properly processed and recycled.
- Shredding: Large pieces of scrap are typically shredded into smaller pieces using a shredder or shear. This makes it easier to transport and handle, as well as to separate it from other materials.
- Separation: The scrap is then separated from other materials using a variety of techniques, such as air classification and eddy current separation.
- Melting and refining: The separated scrap is then melted down in a furnace and refined to remove impurities. The resulting metal is poured into molds to create new products.
- Reuse: The processed and refined ferrous metal is then used to create new products, such as steel beams, pipes, and sheets.
Advanced Techniques Lead to Better Metal Processing
Our state-of-the-art equipment allows us to efficiently process and recycle ferrous metals such as steel and iron. From shredders and shears to balers and granulators, our advanced machinery enables us to handle large volumes of ferrous scrap metal with ease.
We also have a wide range of services available to meet the specific needs of our clients. Whether you are a construction company looking to dispose of excess steel or a manufacturer looking to recycle iron, we have the resources and expertise to handle all of your ferrous scrap metal needs.
Fast and Hassle-Free
Ekco Metals understands that it can be difficult to find a reliable and trustworthy buyer for your scrap metal, which is why we strive to make the process as easy and convenient as possible for our clients.
If you have a large amount of scrap metal that you need to dispose of, we can provide a variety of containers to make the process easier. We have a wide selection of containers available, including 40-yard roll-offs, 30-yard roll-offs, 4×4 and 4×6 yard boxes, tilt hoppers, and drums. If you have live loads, we can also provide flatbeds, bobtails, and end dumps to help transport your materials.
Best Price For All Your Scrap
We offer instant payments for all the scrap metal that we purchase, so you can be sure that you are getting a fair price for your materials. Our buying yard is separated into two areas—one for ferrous metals and one for non-ferrous metals—to ensure that all the scrap is properly sorted and processed.
Experience That Counts
Ekco Metals has been processing ferrous metals in Los Angeles since 1966. Our team of professionals is committed to sustainability and strives to minimize waste in all of our processes. By choosing us for your ferrous metal recycling needs, you can trust that your scrap will be properly processed and reused in a way that benefits both the environment and the economy.
Turn Your Ferrous Scrap Metal Into Cash
At Ekco Metals, we are proud to serve a variety of industries, including industrial, manufacturing, demolition, construction, and municipalities. No matter what your scrap metal needs may be, we have the resources and expertise to handle them.